venerdì 4 luglio 2008

July 4th...Italiano

Luglio 4, 2008
Days in Italy: 14
Known Bug-bites: 43...stabilizing
Total Gelato Sessions: 10
Collective Fanta Consumed (mL): 5490
America: 12:18 AM
Italia: 9:18 AM


I used to think that true acting was always inside-out. To become something, you have to first think as that something and the rest will follow. But Mikalay wants us to work chiefly on the body.

"Don't think about the inside."

He wants us to isolate parts of the body, contort them, changing rhythms and volumes. If only Marlo were here.

"Ready, steady, play" he says.

His little phrases are pretty endearing. I find myself able to deliver the movement he asks for. Right there, it's then I see more of God's sovereignty revealed. I had long been in a place that resented the years I spent chasing dance and neglecting my first love - artistically speaking. I thought it was a mistake. How silly I was to not trust in God's plan. All the choices I've made, pursuing hip hop, even my affinity for the sub-style called locking, have played an exceptional role allowing me to be in tune with my body right in this moment.


Clearly a success.

America: 4:45AM Italiano
Italia: 1:45PM Italiano


Jennie and Jon-O decide anything sounds more exciting when you add Italiano at the end.

America: 10:32 AM
Italia: 7:32PM



The hills are alive...with...loud American voices.


The tables on the other hand, fill with Filipino food. Riccardo and his crew drop some knowledge and taste on these unexpecting eaters, with some home goods.

Goods is appropriate. One good would not suffice.

Not only is it worlds of comfort to sate my withdrawal for unadulterated greasemeat, but seeing how much my classmates/friends/housemates/appendages are enjoying the food and fun is pretty awesome too. Judy Garland couldn't ask for anything more. I can't eith--Magic Mic? No way!

My mistake, it's Magic Mic Xtreme. And they set the judging on professional level. And the highest scorer gets a mystery prize. Game on. Italiano.

Dory sets the bar with her rendition of Four Non-blondes (I don't think I have to cite the song; it's their only one). The girls join in and succeed it with a slew of female anthems, everything from "You're So Vain" to "One Hand In My Pocket." They all love it, and I love them all for that (but not for the girl power, though...nor the mic-hogging). I get so comfortable with these people I end up singing my heart out. Yes, Mer, forrealzies.

We karaoke for so long I literally have to manually remove the mic from Aaryn's addicted hands. She isn't happy. She also isn't sober.

America: 5:20PM
Italia: 2:20AM


New levels of tired. Notice the drifting in and out of consciousness.

miss april mara: ooo. and when you come back you'll be in irvine or walnut?
julianthecoolian: no
julianthecoolian: iv' brrndrlntr d
julianthecoolian: that was my response to you
julianthecoolian: i'm so tired right now
julianthecoolian: we had a bbq get togther
julianthecoolian: will the filino ktched staff
julianthecoolian: and had fillfect nfe!
julianthecoolian: that last comment was alont of crazy talk
miss april mara: i know hahahah
miss april mara: i was trying to decipher. but to no avail haha

Best. Italian july 4th. Ever. Italiano.

5 commenti:

Rubyellen ha detto...

ian!!! we practiced the dance today!!! it is good! thanks mucho!

Jan ha detto...

you went to italy to eat eggrolls? tsk tsk...my stomach is disappointed in yours. but then again, that bread with nutella and jam thing looks pretty awesome. i'll be traveling with friends for 10 days after our program ends so i totally stocked up! hope you're enjoying italy(ano), julian(o)!

lody_dody ha detto...

julianthecoolian: please check/proofread the blogs

I get so comfortable with these people I end up my heart out. Yes, Mer, forrealzies.

"I end up my heart out"..?

you're welcome. =)
-mer

Gen ha detto...

i want filippino food

Unknown ha detto...

Every filipino home is not complete if there is no any music instrument in it just like with magic sing. Every filipino family i know who are now living in other countries have their own magic sing in their homes... a solid evidence that filipinos do love to sing...