domenica 22 giugno 2008

De Terminal pt. 3.

Giungo 22, 2008
Airporti di Roma
Roma, Italia
Italy: 10:58 AM
America: 7:58 PM
Days in Italy: 2
Hours in the Airport: 17

Picturebook: All-nighter in the Aiport

I go to meet Dory and the arrived down by baggage claim. I'm thrilled to find 5 classmates-to-be already at our meeting point. I take a seat, exchange awkward looks all around. Turns out drama majors are not immune to first meet silences. I guess I had gotten so caught up in the excitement of having people to talk to that I forgot that, for them, they just got off the plane and are exhausted. Nonetheless I feel obligated to entertain these new guests, and guide them around what has been my home for the past 18 hours.

"Would you rather eat poo-flavored brownies or brownie-flavored poo?" I ask, quickly utilizing SPOP tactics.

"Brownie-flavored poo," Dan quickly obliges.

I smile at his unfazed cooperation. This is not hard at all. Following his response comes Alex with a discussion on the nutritional value of poo, as well as Dan's sparked curiosity as to what poo would actually taste like.

I imagine it's not a far cry from the smell.

These guys quickly warm up to the gesture and after a few more rounds of "Would you rather?" the proverbial ball has gained generous momentum. New faces are Katie, Alex, Dan, Cayenne, Dana, and my roomies/only boys Dan, and..I believe it's..."John-O." Familiar Irvinians are Donna, Emily, Jana, Megan, Chelsea, and the hilariously OC Aaryn Costello, dramatically collapsed on her humungous top-of-the-line luggage.

America: 9:00 AM
Italy: 6:00 PM


Many hours pass, others join our band, and the bus finally arrives at 6:00PM, successfully christening my time in the Rome Airport as a full 24 hours, and then some.



Man, that was so much fun.

Nessun commento: